I cannot believe my luck. I was nominated for the Liebster Award 2018 by the very sweet Marina Wang, an Aries who blogs about travel, fashion, and lifestyle at Wait Marina Who.
Since my blogs are both just a few months old, and I’ve never been nominated for any kind of blogging-related award before, I am rather thrilled at this. The world out there is full of super-talented bloggers/writers doing amazing things. I hope I can also take my blogs to similar levels someday. So this nomination has really been the motivation I sorely needed. Thank you so much, Marina!
About the award: Liebster is a fun way to recognize and support upcoming blogs, increase your audience and also get to know some fellow bloggers around the world.
Rules for the Liebster Award 2018:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their blog (dofollow link, not nofollow).
- Pay it forward by nominating in turn 5-10 new bloggers that you appreciate. Of course, leave a message or comment for them to know they’ve been nominated!
- Answer the questions given to you, and write some of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Link your Liebster Award 2018 post to this post by the Global Aussie, and leave your blog post link in the comments section of this same post.
Here are my replies to the questions that Marina asked:
Use five adjectives to describe your blog.
Interesting, passionate, friendly, curious, mad (about travel)
Your favorite city in the world?
Impossible to name just one…but if I had to pick just one to revisit it would probably be New York City.
Where are you from and where are you currently living?
I’m rootless 🙂 My dad was in the army so we moved around a lot. They’ve finally settled in New Delhi and I live close by in Gurgaon, where work is.
Three best things about the city you currently reside?
a. Some of my closest friends live here too
b. There are lots of cute cafes around Gurgaon where I can sit quietly with a coffee and a book.
c. Lots of shopping around, if that’s your thing.
Your goals in 2018?
Get healthy. Write more.
Your favorite TV show?
A toss-up between The Big Bang, Gray’s Anatomy and CSI. Yep, I have eclectic tastes!
How did you come up with your blog name?
It was the title of an essay I wrote about myself in my diary many years ago 🙂
Where do you get most of your blog inspirations from?
I blog about places I’ve visited and food I’ve loved, so you could say that my blog inspirations mostly come from own life experiences.
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award 2018. These are all people who have made good starts in blogging. Some are very new but promising, while others have been around a little while longer. All are worth following. List in random order:
Rashi at Live It Young
Saf and her family at The Travel Bugster
Anamika at The Yellow Bookshelf
Ashvini at Fitbewell
Penguin and Pia the Canadian-German couple
Manas at It’s Only Words
Danica at Jetlag & Wanderlust
Catherine at Working With Bipolar
My questions for you are:
1. If a new Superhero were to be created with you as inspiration, what would he/she be called and what would his/her superpower be?
2. What made you start blogging, and what kept you going?
3. If you could get a wish today, what would you ask for? This isn’t Ms. Universe so it’s fine if you don’t pick world peace 🙂
4. Imagine your Twitter account as a person. Now, describe him/her using one sentence.
5. If you weren’t a blogger, what would you be?
6. Describe yourself using only words that start with the first letter of your name!
7. If x is the average (arithmetic mean) of m and 9, y is the average of 2m and 15, and z is the average of 3m and 18, what is the average of x, y, and z in terms of m?
Lol just kidding, that last one was just for fun. You only need to answer the top 6 🙂
Hope you enjoy answering these questions as much as I enjoyed thinking them up. I will look forward to reading your posts in turn. Don’t forget to comment here to let me know when your own post goes live!